I love to bake. It’s one of my favorite things to do. It makes me happy and calms me down.. sort of like yoga, but without having to hold a plank.
Speaking of planks, I also love fitness. Yes, I really enjoy working out. I actually look forward to it (most days). Health in general is a big part of my life. Thats what I’m going to school for at the moment. I also went to culinary school for baking and patisserie.
These two loves of mine seem like such opposing things, but I like the challenge of combining them. I also just enjoy them separately. I’m learning to love them both for what they add to my life, instead of always trying to jam the two together. There’s place in life for both. Eat some spinach, enjoy a cupcake.
I currently live in Portland, OR. Happy Valley to be exact. I live on top of a hill, and on a good day you can see Mt. Hood in all it’s glory. I love it here. It rains a lot, but the summers are gorgeous, Fall is magical, and the endless amount of good food, wine, and beer could keep anyone satisfied for quite some time.
A few more things about me…
- I love God. We hang out and talk a lot.
- I like structure, which is why I prefer baking over cooking
- The grocery store stresses me out. There’s too many options.
- I don’t like parsley. I’ve tried, it’s just not happening.
- I’m introverted and throughly enjoy my alone time.
- My boyfriend loves me a lot. We fit together like peanut butter and jelly.
- Traveling is fuuuuun! I just need $ to do it.
- I have great friends. We like going to brunch, and they like throwing parties at my house. I like letting them, except that means I have to clean.
- I’m slightly addicted to coffee. Mmmm it’s so good.
- I love hugging my mom. It’s one of my favorite things in the world.
- It took me an insane amount of time to write this “about me” section. It’s kind of ridiculous.