Lets start the week out with something green. Lets start the week out with vegetables and healthy fats. Lets start the week with a pop of flavor.
They (whoever “they” are) say you eat with your eyes first. Green as grass arugula pesto is not only appealing to eye, but easy to make and incredibly versatile. Arugula’s natural peppery flavor and a salty bite from the parmigiano reggiano lends itself well to a multitude of dishes. This pesto can be used up right away or frozen for the future.
I’ve collected a few recipes from around the web that utilize arugula pesto in tasty ways. Try one of them out or make up your own combination. Let me know what you do!
I love the colors of this mac and cheese. It almost makes it feel healthy with all that green… almost
This would be a great salad to make for lunch. Wheat berries have a slightly chewy texture with a nutty finish. Perfect with a peppery pesto.
Pesto on your pizza? Its a great way to switch up your pizza toppings and add new flavors in the mix. I’ll take two slices right now.. thank you
If you’re looking for an easy week night dinner just grill up some chicken and top it with pesto. Simple and delicious!
This is a great dish for when company comes over. It looks impressive and you won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. Look at those colors!
Arugula Walnut Pesto
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces or 2/3 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1- 10 oz bag of arugula
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place olive oil, parmigiano reggiano, walnuts, arugula, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process until all ingredients are ground into a thick, smooth paste. Thats it.. you’re done!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze to use later.